I’m coming at you today with another Amanda-whipped-up-something-that-barely constitutes-as-a-real-recipe recipe! But isn’t that kind of awesome? That means there are no rules and if I came up with it, you just KNOW it’s going to be a very simple, easy dinner!
I sometimes like to make this for lunch on the weekends but to be honest, I actually mostly end up making this awesome meal for dinner when I’ve taken chicken out to defrost to make a more elaborate dinner but don’t actually feel like cooking dinner when the time comes.
I never don’t have all the ingredients on hand. It tastes unbelievable. My guy loves it. It’s SO easy to make. Takes no time at all. Oh, and did I mention that the flavor is out of this world?
I truly can’t get enough of this quick dinner. Usually ‘quick’ is good enough for me but I would honestly spend an hour making this on a week night if I had to. It’s THAT good!
Here’s what you need:
(Ingredients list is for 2 quesadillas. Adjust as necessary.)
- 1 large chicken breast – cooked and shredded*
- 2 large tortillas
- ½ cup cheese – my favorite is half mozzarella and half cheddar
- ¼ cup red onion – thinly sliced
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- additional BBQ sauce and sour cream to dip
I also love to add thin strips of red/orange peppers but unfortunately I didn’t have any hand this time.
*if you’ve never used your KitchenAid mixed to shred your chicken then you’re seriously missing out.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Grill your red onions until translucent.
- On just-a-bit-higher-than-medium heat lay your tortilla flat and let it warm up for a minute.
- Add half the amount of cheese for one tortilla (about 1/8 cup) to half of your tortilla.
- Add half the (total amount of) chicken and red onions over the cheese.
- Add a generous drizzle of BBQ sauce.
- Add the rest of cheese for the one tortilla.
- Fold the tortilla in half and press down with the back of a flipper to help it all stick together.
Carefully flip and let stand for about 2 more minutes.
- Serve with a bit more BBQ sauce and sour cream for dipping and enjoy!
Tell me how much you love it over at @amandaTFTBT on Instagram and Twitter!